Friday, January 29, 2010

No Work Today! Hooray!

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to the sound of sleet hitting the bedroom window.  I was really hoping for a day off........and I got a call from Michelle at 6:30 a.m. saying "We don't have to work today!"  Yay!  I'm surprised I didn't wake up Joe with my dancing and screaming!  I turned off the alarm and went back to sleep.  Joe woke me up at 8:30 saying, "Rae, it is 8:30......you are late for work!"  I had to laugh.  I guess he really did sleep through the 6:30 phone call!  Ha!  I woke up for good at 10:00.  It was so nice to sleep in!
 
This is what it looked like outside our front door this morning around 10.

 
There was no snow or ice falling.

 
And you can still see the grass.

 
Percie loves her new outfit!

 
And this is Percie walking across the parking lot at about 3:00 this afternoon. 
 
 
She was so excited to be out in the ice and snow.

 
Percie wore her hunter orange jacket since her daddy felt like he had to dress in his full camo.  Ha!

 
Percie playing in the snow.

 
It was still falling like crazy when we were out playing in it!

 
I have a cute video of Percie playing in the snow, but I can't figure out how to put it on here.  Maybe I can get some help and add it soon!

 
After playing in the snow, I came inside and made the best snow day meal....cheese dip!

 
It was so good!

 
This is what Sophie, Oliver, and Percie did while I was making cheese dip.  But Percie doesn't like the kittens.......can't you tell?!?  Ha!

We had a great snow day!  
I really wanted to do a little shopping tomorrow, but oh well.....looks like we will be stuck tomorrow, too!
Rae

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love Perice's little outfits! Too cute!
That cheese dip looks so good right now! It's making me hungry!