Monday, August 29, 2011

July 2011 Continued

So much happened in July, I couldn't fit it all in one post!

The Week that Christy, Corbin, and Carson came to visit my car died.  It hadn't been running very good for a while, and I had already started looking.  Well,
this is the #1 reason I should never drive Joe's truck.  Yes, that is a big scratch on the drivers side of Joe's truck.  Ugh!  I can't believe I did that!
And, this is the #2 reason I should not drive Joe's truck.  At least it was just a warning this time!  In my defense, the speedometer in Joe's truck does not work.  It says I am going 140 mph all the time.  Thankfully the nice state trooper felt sorry for me!
And this is the new ride!  I love it!  (even though I have to make the first payment this week, I don't regret our purchase one bit!)  
A few days after we got the new ride my other 2 favorite boys came to visit for a week!  Logan and Braden loved riding with the top down!
For some reason I didn't take very many pictures, but we went to Play Time Pizza, Wild River Country, to swim at Mrs. Pam's, and to the movie's to see Smurf's and Captain America.
 We also spent 2 days at Greers Ferry Lake out on the boat.  It rained some, but we still had a great time!
Feeding the fish one time while we were waiting for the rain to clear.
And in between, the lake, Wild River Country, Play Time Pizza, swimming, and the movies, Joe and I moved into our new place!  LOL!  Oh, and did I mention I worked 4 days that week. 
This is Percie sleeping on the couch the first night we moved in!  LOL!

Over the last 6 years, Joe and I (with mama's help) have rescued many dogs and cats and found them homes.  Some how they just always find us.....mostly by wondering up to the dorm.  The old dorm was on the edge of campus really close to a neighborhood.  I had just told Joe our first night we stayed in our new place that we probably would not have as many animals wonder up now that we are not as close to a neighborhood.
Then Joe sent me this message our second morning at our new place.  And yes, that is our front door mat.  And yes this sweet puppy was asleep on our front door mat when he went outside first thing that morning.  Poor puppy was soaking wet, dirty, covered in fleas, hungry and thirsty!  I told Percie over and over again that morning that she didn't even know how good she had it!  I couldn't stand it.  This poor puppy was so covered in fleas that they were climbing on her eyes and nose even!  Ugh!  So I gave her a bath before I went to work and maybe got 1/3 of them off her.  She wondered up on a Thursday, which is the only day our vets office is closed.  Figures.  I called mama, and she and the boys were on flea removal duty!  Ha!  They bathed her again, used some flea spray on her, and bathed her again.  Finally no more fleas!  A friend from work who has 2 kids took her home to be their new pet!  She is the sweetest thing!  They named her Roxy.  When Sarah took her to the vet last week he said he thinks she is a collie and she will be 90-100 pounds!  Good thing they have a big backyard.

That was our awesome, busy July.  I plan to add pics of our new place, soon!


Rae

No comments: