Monday, August 30, 2010

Another Great Weekend

I was SO excited that Maranda called and asked if I wanted to come to Greers Ferry Lake on Saturday and go out on her and Josh's boat with them and some of their friends!  I LOVE hanging out with them and the weather was perfect!  (Since the guys moved back in the dorm the weekend I was at Carie's, Joe has to work a lot of weekends......so he was working this weekend.......so I was sad we weren't going to get to take our boat out.  But, Maranda saved the day!)
Mama and Maranda on Maranda and Josh's awesome boat!
Josh and Maranda on Mark's awesome island!
The island was a big hit!  It has 2 coolers, comfortably seats six, and has a slide off the back!  (The striped thing at the back is the slide.)  Awesome!
Heather, Crystal, and Mark chilling in the lake.
The awesome view!
Fixing lunch on the boat.
Mark, Maranda, Jonathan, and Heather on the island.
The bottom of the pool in the middle of the island is mesh so that is lake water you see in there.  It is pretty clear!
Josh and Crystal hanging out on the top deck.
Josh was ready to go in and cook dinner, so Mark started deflating the island.  Maranda wasn't ready so we stayed out until dark and Mark was sweet enough to re-inflate the island for her!  Ha!  Maranda was cracking me up!!!
Those dots you see in the water are Crystal, Heather, and Jonathan.
Crystal jumped off the cliff.  Braver than me!
Hanging out on the boat.
Me, Maranda, Jonathan, and Mark hanging out on the island.
The beautiful sunset.
Josh, Crystal, and Mark.
Crystal and Mark
Me and Maranda
It was an awesome day!  I'm so glad that I got to hang out with Maranda!  We don't live very far from each other, but we don't get to see each other very often.  It was nice to chat and catch up (and laugh at Maranda when she drank a little too much)!  I am a pretty lucky girl to have so many good friends!
Sunday morning I enjoyed an awesome church service.  Do you ever feel like the preacher is preaching at you and only you?  Well, I did on Sunday.  Oh, and by the way.....Russell Hull is the best preacher ever!

On Sunday afternoon, I picked Maranda up and we went to watch Josh, Annslie, and some other friends play kick ball in Little Rock.  Maranda is usually just a sub, but it is a good thing she brought her cleats and her team shirt just in case because she ended up playing!  And playing well, I might add.  Ha!  Their team won 15-3!  Here is Annslie with Courtney's dog, Bella, watching the game.
Courtney and Bella
Percie at her first kick ball game.
Annslie playing kick ball in the rain.  If you look really close you can see it.  I sat in the dugout out of the rain and watched.  Ha!
I LOVE this picture!  This was Josh coaching Annslie after the game.  She looks very uninterested (Kind of like "shut up, Josh!"), but Josh was actually telling her how good she had played!  Ha!  She doesn't take complements very well.  Ha!
Me, Maranda, and Annslie after the game.
Jonathan, Heather, and Courtney.
I had a great time and plan on watching more of their kick ball games!

Another Awesome Weekend!!!!




Rae

No comments: