Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cruise 2010 New Orleans

Joe and I decided for our 30th birthdays instead of shopping for each other a gift, we would go on a cruise!  We went last year for our 5 year anniversary and had the best time.  I searched online and found a cruise through Carnival that was some where we hadn't been, was with in driving distance (Joe doesn't like to fly), and fit with Joe's work schedule.  So, we left last Thursday, May 13, 2010, for New Orleans.  The boat left on Saturday, May 15, so we had a day to spend relaxing in New Orleans.  It was great!
Joe's Uncle Donald passed away on Sunday, May, 9, 2010.  We were in Trumann on Thursday for the funeral, so we decided to leave from there to head to New Orleans.  We went to Memphis and got on I-55 to Jackson, Mississippi.
In Jackson, we got on I-10 to go to New Orleans.  We stopped in Hazelhurst, Mississippi at a KFC/Taco Bell for supper.  We also filled up with Gas there so we didn't have to stop again.  I got some Watermelon Sour Patch Kids.......Best candy ever!!
This picture is me attempting to take a picture of the Magnolia trees that are along the interstate.  They are every where!  They are blooming right now, so they are so pretty!
You can kind of tell that that is a Magnolia in this picture.  ha.
It was a pretty uneventful trip, and we arrived at the La Quinta in In Slidell, LA around 10:00 p.m.  We really wanted to stay in New Orleans, but I tried booking a hotel months in advance and nothing was available.  I found out later that it was Loyola's graduation and that is why all the hotels were booked. 
We stayed in room 232 and had a view of the.....
pool!  It was great!
Cracker Barrel happened to be right next door, so when we got up the next day we headed over there for breakfast.
Joe deciding what he wants.
Joe's friend Claire came to meet us for brunch.  (I had breakfast, Joe had lunch)
Then we went to where else, but Wal-Mart!  We had to get a few last things before leaving for our trip the next day.  It was crazy.....they didn't have anything we needed.  I never walk out of Wal-Mart empty hended.  Oh well.  We survived with out the spray on aloe vera, tie tack, and new camera strap.  
Then we went to New Orleans to the French Quarter.  Neither one of us had been to New Orleans since Katrina, so we just wanted to look around.
 We went to Canal Street.
To the French Quarter
To Jackson Square
I don't remember what this was, but I'm sure Joe will......
Joe's attempt at taking our picture.
After walking around for a while, we decided to stop at Cafe Dumonde for some beniets.
They were wonderful!
Joe tried some without the powered sugar. 
Me and my beniets.  
Joe took this picture, too.  I'm pretty sure that I am supposed to know what this is......but I don't.
After our snack, we walked along the river.
Then we drove by Bourbon Street.
We also drove around for a while just looking at stuff. 
We went back to the hotel kind of early to make sure everything was ready for the next day!


No comments: