Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cruise 2010 Day 4

Today we stopped in Freeport, Bahamas.  We got up around 7:20, ate breakfast, and we were off to the beach.  Joe said he heard a Code something in the middle of the night for the 6th floor (our floor).  I slept through it.  
Our view from our balcony was of a cargo loading dock.  Not the prettiest view, but the water was still gorgeous!
More cargo.
Just got off the boat.  When we were waiting in the gangway to get off the boat they said they had someone from the infirmary that they need to bring through to the ambulance that was waiting outside.  They moved us all against one wall.  Then they decided to let us off and take the guest in the infirmary out to the ambulance after they let every one off.  Somebody said for privacy reasons.  (you can barely see the ambulance in the bottom right corner) 
Joe waiting to go to the beach!  While we were waiting, the people around us were saying that some girl stabbed another girl on the 6th floor that night........don't was just a rumor.  We found out the real story later.  You have to go through major security to get on the worse than the airport.  I can't imagine someone getting through with a knife. 
Us on the bus on the way to the beach.
A better view of the ambulance.
Our bus driver.
Driving on the left side of the road.  Kinda scary!
We went to the beach at Port Lucaya.
Walking to the beach.
Pretty bushes with pretty flowers.
The beach!
The sand!
The water!
Joe and I on the beach.
To my right from my beach chair.
Right in front of my beach chair!
Joe in the water.  He swam almost the whole time.  The water felt great!  There was also a water trampoline.
Joe relaxing.
The water was so clear!
A parasailer.
The beach started to get pretty crowded.  We had tickets to take a bus back anytime we got ready (as long as it was before 4:30 because that was when the ship was leaving!) so we left about 2:30.
Us on the beach.
We left the beach and went to Port Lucaya Marketplace for a minute.
I was not very impressed, so we didn't stay too long, and we didn't buy anything. 
We did see a lizard!
Us on the bus on the way back to the ship.
Getting back on the ship.
The view from the other side of the boat was much prettier!
The ship leaving Freeport.
The boat that escorted us.
Us before dinner.  It was windy!  ha.  That is the necklace I got in Key West.  I love it!
Joe and his dinner.
My pork chop!
Us at dinner.  The couple that sat at the table next to us at dinner is also on the 6th floor.  They woke up at the code in the middle of the night because it was the room across the hall from them.  It was an older lady who had a bleeding stomach ulcer and was in critical condition.  They told us that the staff got her stable and that is who went on the ambulance to the hospital in Freeport.  No one was stabbed, just a stomach ulcer.  I feel so sorry for that lady.  I can't imagine being in a hospital in another country.
Joe and his coconut cake.
My fruit.(If I didn't have cheese I had fruit for dessert)
I did a little shopping on the boat.  Everything is tax and duty free.
They even have Clinique!
When we got back to our room, we had this interesting animal.  Joe thinks it is a turkey.  Any ideas?
Our view.
The sunset behind the ship.
Us at the show.  It was 2 magicians-Kevin and
Caruso.  It was a pretty good show.  Joe really enjoyed it.  He really enjoyed the music, and they had a sound track from their show for sale after the show so that was his souvenir from the trip.
Kevin and Caruso. 
After the show we went back to the room to go to bed.  We had an early morning of snorkeling in Nassau the next morning to resat up for!
One more picture of the water in Freeport.  


No comments: