Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bella Michelle Horton Makes an Entrance

Monday, March 1, 2010, I called Natalie to check on her (you know....since her due date was 2-24-10 and Bella had not arrived yet).  She said that she was being induced the next morning! (3-2-10)
 
Natalie started out in room 1202.

 
When I stopped by on my lunch break, Natalie had just gotten her epidural.  She wasn't hurting anymore, and doing great!

 
Baby Bella's heartbeat was good and strong!
  
Keeping Natalie and James company and waiting patiently for Baby Bella.

 
My last picture with Natalie and Baby Bella in her tummy!
 I really wish I could've just stayed.....but I had to go back to work.
I stopped by after work, and no Baby Bella, yet.  I hadn't been there too long when the doctor decided to do a c-section.

 
 Mama and I went to the cafeteria in the hospital to grab a bite to eat while they prepped Natalie for surgery.  While we were down there......in walks Annslie.  She told me she wasn't going to be able to come because she had to study for a test.....but she couldn't stand it!  

 
Poor Natalie was having surgery while we were in the caf eating!  

 
Annslie and I waiting for Bella!

 
Natalie's sweet grandparents, Natalie's mom, and Annslie waiting in the waiting room for Bella.  Natalie's little sister has the flu, so she wasn't able to be there.  Natalie's mom was on the phone with her, letting her know what was going on. We missed you Christina!  I hope you feel better really soon!!,

 
James' dad, step-mom, and James and Natalie's preacher waiting for Baby Bella!

 
She's here!!  Look how happy Natalie's grandfather is!

 
Baby Bella was born at 7:25 p.m. on March 3, 2010, weighing 6 pounds and 14 ounces.  She was 19 inches long, and wide awake!!  Wide awake and very content.  No crying, just looking around, and looking at her daddy a lot!!
My immediate thought was Oh my goodness she looks so much like Natalie!!  She is such a pretty baby girl!

 
James is such a proud daddy!!  

 
After making sure Baby Bella was doing great and very well taken care of, James came out of the nursery to say hi.  Annslie giving James a congratulations hug.

 
It was so sweet......when Natalie's doctor came out to talk to James after the surgery he said he wanted to go look at Bella because he didn't get a good look at her in the operating room!  I thought that was wonderful!

 
Waiting to go back and see Natalie.  She was in recovery from surgery.

 
We heard Bella was getting her first bath, so I had to go see.  She did great.  She didn't cry the whole time.  She has more hair in the back than she does on top.  Her hair color is pretty light.

 
The nurse got that diaper on her fast......

 
James, Natalie and Bella spent some time together after they brought Bella to Natalie for the first time.  Natalie got to see her in the operating room, but she hadn't gotten to hold her yet.  I got to go back and see Natalie really quickly because Bella was ready to eat.
Bella, I am so happy you are here!  I am so happy you are so healthy.  Natalie and James, I am so happy for you guys!  She is perfect!



Rae

No comments: