Monday, September 9, 2013

Mary Blanche Gets Her Ears Pierced

I have wanted to get MB's ears pierced since well...the day I met her.  :)  But because of reasons out of my control that wasn't possible.  I kept meaning to take her right after the adoption, but life is busy!  Ha!  So we finally made it on August 27th.
I took pictures with my real camera, but I forgot to put a card in it so now I have to find the cord before I can get those pictures.  Someday.  :)  
Yes, those are band-aids on her ears.  We got them pierced at a doctors office.  I'm sure getting them pierced anywhere would be fine, but it just made me feel better to go there.  They put a numbing cream on her ears so it didn't hurt when they pierced them.  But, of course, she would leave it alone so they had to put band-aids over the cream.  
Sweet baby girl.  Not gonna lie....she screamed when they were done.  But, I really do think it was the noise and not the pain that got her.  She loves her "pretty ears" now.
  She was smiling before we left the doctor's office.  :)  She has already stopped pulling on my earrings.  If she grabs them, she will say "ears owww!"  Ha!  
I do have to admit that I felt HORRIBLE the night after she got them pierced.  She woke up screaming around 4 am.  She has been working on getting her K9s, so I thought she was probably teething.  When I went in her room she had a crocheted blanket wrapped around her earring!  I never even thought about that happening.  But I got it off, gave her some motrin, and she went right back to sleep.  I was worried that that ear might try to get infected since the blanket pulled on it pretty hard, but thankfully not.  The only thing the nurse told me to do is turn the earrings a few times a day.  The one that the blanket was caught on has turned SO easy since the blanket incident, but the other one has been much harder.  And thankfully we have had no problems with infections.  I plan on leaving these earrings in for quite a while, but we can change them after 6 weeks if we want. 
Mary Blanche and I are both very pleased with her "pretty ears!"


Rae

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came across your post and picture of your daughter with her newly pierced ears. How cute! We did our two girls at this age.

I think you were a smart and thoughtful mommy for doing it early when mommy could care for them Babies and little girls with bling celebrates their femininity and femaleness. After all, they are little girls.

Our ped encouraged us to have our dd done as an infant too right after her first DPT shot at six weeks. She also pierced her dd's ears after she gave me some tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced.

Any moms doing research or would like more info, drop me an e-mail.

Amyswor1765@gmail.com