Thursday, September 19, 2013

1st Soccer Game of the Season

Saturday, September 7th was Daniel's first soccer game of the season.  He played last spring, but it was very new to him.  Not only soccer, but playing any sport was very new to him.  Joe worked very hard with him, and Daniel ended up really loving it by the end of the season.  Joe came home from Daniel's first soccer practice this season and told me how much Daniel had improved.  How he remembered everything they had worked on and "Even kicked it all the way down the field and scored once!"  :)  Does that give you any indication of how many times he did that last season?  
Daniel was SUPER excited to show me how he could score a goal.  He really wants the whole family to come to every soccer practice and every soccer game, but that can't always happen.  We make it a top priority to make it to all of his games, and his daddy makes it a top priority to take him to all of his practices.  It is great for Daniel to get that Daddy time.  
It was VERY sunny and VERY hot!  But this kid played his heart out and never complained.  I am so very proud of him.
He ran SO hard!  Water was very important during the game.  He has quite a few kiddos on his team, and they rotate players to give everyone a chance.  So, he played half of the game.  And in that half of the game he scored not only 1 goal, but 10!  Yes you read that right...10!!  I'm pretty sure I had to pick my chin up off the field a few times.  :) 
Look at that KICK!  And, I'm not just proud of him because he scored quite a few goals.  I am very proud of him because he really did his very best.  It was awesome to watch him try very hard at something and succeed.  That has not always been easy for him.  He really wasn't quite sure how to take all of the praise he was getting for his success.  He still gets a little embarrassed to talk about it.  He told me that at his next game he was going to share the ball with his team sometimes.  :)
And of course he can't play without his cheering section!  
Did I mention how HOT it was?  But they were great sports and both cheered for their brother.  David wants to know when he gets to play a soccer game.  Oh goodness.  I can only imagine what that will be like.  :)
I'm so glad that he had such a great first game!  We are ready for game #2 this Saturday!



Rae

No comments: