Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Mary Blanche's First Pageant

This baby girl loves to dress up!  And she loves attention!!  So, after seeing so many posts from my friends on facebook about fair queen pageants in other counties I decided to find out some info about the Fair Queen pageant in our county.  It was the next week, so I thought there was no way.  I assumed the deadline had passed and she didn't even have a dress.  So I just let it go and decided we would try for next year.

Well, when mama, Marianne, and I went to the Rhea Lana Consignment Sale mama found an awesome pageant dress!  I love the bright color and knew Mary Blanche would like it, too.  (It might sound crazy that an 1 year-old has an opinion about her clothes, but I promise you she does.  Her opinion doesn't always count, but she definitely has one!  Ha!)  So, we bought the dress hoping the deadline hadn't passed for the pageant, and it hadn't! 

So, Saturday morning August 31, MB made her pageant debut.  :)
She loved the stage and had a great time!
I finally had to pick her up and carry her off stage.  Girl loved it!
She enjoyed clapping for everyone!  :)  Even herself!
She won second alternate.  (Yes, this is a $1 platter from Dollar Tree with a sticker stuck to it.  Really!?!  Ha!)
And prettiest Smile and prettiest eyes.  :)
And, in my opinion, this particular pageant was poorly organized.  It started 45 minutes late.  10:00 am and 10:45 are very different in the life of a toddler.  And, it was burning up!!  Poor girl never gets hot and she was sweating.  But, I'm still glad we did it, and we both had fun! (despite the disorganization and feeling like we were in a furnace)
Mary Blanche says this is definitely not her last pageant.  :)
(But, she promises her mom is not going to become a crazy pageant mom....no fake hair or tan or eyelashes or any of that other crazy stuff!)


Rae

1 comment:

Leslie said...

She is SO cute. I love it!