Wednesday, July 18, 2012

What Has Percie Been Up To?

Why in the world did I think I was going to have more time to blog when I was home?  And how in the world did I have time to work?  :)

I know you guys have been wondering what Percie has been up to!?!

She is loving our new house.  There are many more places she can hide from the kiddos.  :)  She LOVES her new backyard.  The squirrels love to tease her from the huge old trees.  I am pretty sure they throw stuff at her on purpose.  She has plenty of space to run and she loves that!

She also loves going for walks on campus.  She told me she prefers when I leave the kids at home with Joe and just take her.  :)
She has decided she does not mind sharing a bath tub with the kids.  Especially since I usually wait until they are in bed to give her a bath.  :)

And don't worry, her wardrobe is not hurting since we have to buy clothes for kiddos now.  She has her very own closet in our new house!  I love having a place to keep all of her stuff!

She has decided cleaning up the floor of the dining room after we finish dinner isn't so bad either.  Ha!  She has also decided that Miss Priss is her new BFF.  She comes to tell us immediately if she starts crying.  She also loves to sit on the couch when I am holding her.  Miss Priss definitely shares the love.  She tries to kiss Percie with her mouth wide open and it cracks me up!  I have the cutest picture from yesterday that I wish I could share.  Miss Priss fell asleep on her boppy pillow on the couch next to me.  Percie layed down on the couch and put her head on the boppy right next to Miss Priss and they both slept.

She has also decided that Big Brother isn't so bad.  He stays up after Mister Mess and usually watches a movie.  Percie jumps up on the couch and sits in his lap.  And, she usually goes to check on him when he is in time out.  :)  Makes me laugh.  He knows he is not supposed to play in time out, so he will look at her and say "Percie, I'm in time out.  I can't play right now."  HA!  He is not supposed to talk either, but that makes me laugh every time.  She thinks if someone is sitting on the floor, they are sitting there because they want to pat her.  :)

She is scared to death of Mister Mess.  If he is around, you will either not be able to find her or she will be shaking like a leaf!  I mean, I can't say that I blame her.  He is pretty rough with her, but we are working on that.  :)  And she looks at him like he has lost his mind when he licks her.  Yes, you read that right.  We are working on that, too.  :)

She LOVES it that I am home all day, but she is not so sure about the kids being home all day.  Ha!  We were making a family trip to Sonic the other night and were going to take her with us.  She LOVES to ride in the car.  We all got in the car and I looked at Joe and asked where Percie was.  He didn't know.  I went back in the house and she was on our bed stretched out!  Ha!  I'm pretty sure she was glad we were taking the 3 and leaving.  She did not want to join us.  So we left her at home so she could have some peace and quiet.  She used to always be the first one at the door when I grabbed my keys, but not anymore!  I think she is happy to see us go.

I am very proud of her.  Her whole world changed when we welcomed 3 kids in 4 months into our home.  She has handled it better than I ever thought she would.  She has never growled or shown her teeth or anything at any of the kids.  I am so thankful.  We do not have near as much time as we used to to sit and pat her, but she is learning to be more independent.  Thankfully.  Not sure if I could handle 4 making every step I make all day.  :)

So, even though Percie has to share her time with her mom and dad now, I'm pretty sure she loves having the company.  At least 2 out of the 3.  :)




Rae


No comments: