Sunday, April 15, 2012

Quick Update

Our house is very quiet right now so I decided to do a quick update while I have time.  :)  There are so many things I don't want to forget!

We have had a great quiet weekend at home.  I am beginning to enjoy those more and more.  I went to Little Rock for a meeting for work last Thursday and Friday.  Mama had a meeting there the same days and a hotel room at the Embassy Suites!  How could I pass up a night at Embassy Suites and not having to drive back and forth to LR for 2 days!?!  So, I didn't!  :)  It was my first night away from Joe and the kiddos since they came to live with us.  I knew Joe would do great, but I called in Nanny and Poppy for back up.  I'm so glad they came.  I think everyone had a great time!  It was great to have a night away, but I missed them like crazy!

I have to share a few of Mister Mess' new words.  My favorite is bomb, which means boom but it comes out bomb.  It is funny to me that I don't realize how often I say a word until I hear him say it.  Apparently I say boom a lot.  And Joe does, too.  Like every time Little Man knocks over the block tower I just built or making toys splash in the bath tub or when I go over bumps (or run into things) in the stroller.  Ha!  So now a lot of things go "bomb"!  He loves to make things go bomb.  (And sometimes he gets in trouble for making things go bomb.  Such a boy.  Ha!)

He is also really bonding with his sister.  He loves sissy!  He does not like it when she cries.  Yesterday Joe stepped out for a minute and sissy was asleep, so I took LM in his room to rock him to sleep for his nap.  Well, sissy woke up and started crying.  She doesn't cry often, but when she does you might want to find some ear plugs.  lol  So, LM sat up, looked at me and said "sissy?"  I told him daddy would be back in a second and he would get sissy.  Not good enough....he pointed at the door looked at me and said "GET SISSY, MAMA!"  Ha!  So, we went and gave sissy her pacie back that had fallen out of her mouth which made her happy, and then he went to sleep.  So sweet!  He is also  really good at answering yes and no questions pretty accurately.  99% of the time if he says no, he means no, and if he says yes, he means yes.  We were on our way home from school one day last week and he was looking at sissy in her car seat and saying "sissy" very sweet over and over.  I asked him if he missed sissy when he was at school today and he shakes his head no and says "uh uh uh uh uh!"  And then smiles and giggles.  There is definitely still some jealously there!  Ha!  Then I asked him if he had fun at school and he said yes and nodded his head yes.  Ha!  Such a mess!

These kiddos have slept a ton this weekend!  I think they were just worn out.  I hope they are all rested and have a great week!



Rae

No comments: