Thursday, September 1, 2011

August 2011

My goal was to be caught up on blogging before September, and I almost made it! 

August was another crazy busy month around here!
The first week in August we kept Joe's parents very old very blind Boston, Max.  I love Max!  He makes me laugh.  He actually gets around very well and learned our place pretty quick.  He loves to lay on Percie's dog bed.  In the picture above he got a little confused and climbed into Percie's dog toy basket instead of her dog bed!  Ha!  He was just happy not to be on the cold floor!
The first Saturday in August is always Joe's family reunion at the Spring River.  This is the only picture I took all day?? I don't know what has gotten into me lately!  At least it is a cute picture of my niece, Rylee, pretending to drive my car!
The next weekend, my niece, Mattilyn, had a soccer tournament in Little Rock.  I LOVE to watch her play soccer!  Side note:  I cannot believe that she is in high school now!  And I really cannot believe she is taller than me!  I was holding out hope that I would not be the shortest female in my family, but it looks like I get to keep my status.  Oh well.  And another side note:  I almost think we favor in this picture and I have never thought that before!  Is it just me??
Anyway, it was great to see her and her team won Grand Champion! (Against a 16 year-old team.....they are 14)
I also got my new tags for my car!  Yay!  Gotta support my Red Wolves!  (Even though when I went to ASU we were the Indians.)
In August we also had the Open House and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for the new Residence Hall (aka where I live).  It was a crazy busy fun day!  There were hundreds of people who came to tour the new building (and our apartment). I really had a lot of fun!  And I could breath after it was over because everything was moved in, unpacked, put away, and the apartment was clean!  Ha!
The Saturday all of the students moved into the new dorm, I went to Jonesboro to take my niece shopping for her birthday!  I can't believe she is six!  We had a great time, of course.  We like a lot of the same things and she is a great shopper!  I would definitely trust her to pick out my clothes!  
And she got a feather!  She was so excited!!
Last Friday, my sorority sister and very good friend, Liz, came to Beebe to show us all the new awesome jewelry she is selling!  I enjoyed hosting a Guy and Eva Jewelry party!  Liz is the only rep in Arkansas, and you should really check out their stuff!  It is SO cute!  (and inexpensive!)  I can't wait to get my new jewelry in!
Last weekend was actually Joe's weekend off, so we left Saturday morning to spend a day/night in Trumann with his parents.  We had a great time!  and Joe got to relax and sleep!  This is Percie and Missy sleeping after a full day of playing!  They love each other!
And here is Max (you know, the very old very blind Boston) sleeping in his chair!  He has always loved that chair!  Ha!

Now that I'm all caught up, I hope to be back every Monday night with weekly updates!  (It's my goal anyway.)


Rae


No comments: