Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Baby Derek's Nursery

When we found out we were having another sweet boy, I already knew that I wanted to use the same bedding that mama made for David.  He really didn't use it for too long.  And I knew that David and Derek would be sharing a room.  And David's room still matches his baby bedding.  :)  
Mama made new bumper pads because David some how destroyed his!  Ha!  I love the chevron!
His name is on the wall, so it's official.  :)
The crib, mobile, his name, and the stuff in the closet are the only things in his room right now.  I assume he will be spending many months in our room (in his own bed!) before he and David are ready to share.  Gotta ease poor David into this slowly.  :)
I did add a few pictures of his among the sea of David pictures.  :)
And Joe added a second hanging rack to the closet so we have a place to hang all of his sweet baby clothes.  David's clothes look so big compared to Derek's!
And Baby Derek's changing table and dirty clothes hamper are in our room.  I assume we will be using those 2 things often.  Probably while David is sleeping.  So they will hang out in our room for a while.  This was MB's.  But Memama painted it to match David and Derek's room.  I love the way it turned out!
And, here is Baby Derek's cradle.  It is my sister's that Mattilyn, Logan, and Braden all slept in.  And Mary Blanche also slept in it when she was a baby.  :)

It has been tons of fun to get to do all of the baby stuff again!  Especially since we never ever expected to.  I hope you enjoyed the nursery tour as much as I enjoyed putting it together!



Rae

No comments: