Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Absolute Very Last Step....

The absolute very last step (that I know of) for us to officially have our foster home opened by DHS happens tomorrow at 3:00 p.m.  (ha. every time I think it is the last step something else seems to come up.) We are going to have our finger prints scanned to be sent off for our FBI background check.  Hopefully we will have the results back in a week and will have our home officially open!  Hopefully it won't take long for us to receive our first call!

Joe's mom and dad came last weekend and helped us finish up some stuff.  We added another shelf and clothes rack in the closet and put tons of kid gear together.  It was so much fun!  I feel like we are as ready as we are going to be!  Well, except I still need to purchase a trash can for the kid room.  How could I forget that!?!  Thanks to a great MIL who noticed that!  Ha! 

I am hoping to totally finish up the room this weekend (including purchasing a trash can) and then I will share some pics.  I can't believe this is actually happening!


Rae

1 comment:

Debbi said...

I love your blog! What an awesome opportunity, you guys are going to be great! I will keep you in our prayers. I can't wait to hear more!